Wednesday, March 14, 2012

How I got that shot....


Out now in the new issue of PDN magazine, my shoot with James Harrison of the Pittsburgh Steelers is featured. Basically, it's a Q and A with me about the shoot, what went into it, the politics, technical issues, etc that happens on a shoot like this. It was cool to relive the shoot during my Q and A with the writer of the piece, Holly Stuart Hughes. It highlighted for me just how tenuous and uncertain alot of photo shoots are..There are no guarantees on a shoot like this, only your resolve and sometimes subtle force to see it through and make it happen. Especially on a shoot like this that was politically sensitive, with a notoriously prickly pro athlete, and to top it off, involving guns..But the stars did align and I did put on my best hat and I did indeed get the shot...click on the title of this post and you can read the story on the PDN site....it's an interesting insight into a shoot like this....nw

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amazing shot....

jaydee